Cinnamon French Toast Bites
4 thick slices of Texas toast or slightly stale white bread
2 large eggs (Vegan Option: Just Egg substitute or Vegan egg white)
1/4 cup milk (Vegan Option: Almond/Oat Milk)
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
3 tbsp butter (Vegan Option: Earth Balance or Mykonos Butter)
Mapple Syrup to serve
1. Cut the crust off the bread, then cut each piece into 9 equal cubes. Whisk the eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
3. Melt 1 1/2 tbsp of butter in a fry pan over medium high heat. Don't let the butter brown.
4. Quickly toss half the bread cubes in the egg mixture and use your hands to shake off excess egg mixture. Place the bread cubes in the fry pan and use a wooden spoon to "sauté" them until browned on all sides - about 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove the bread cubes from the fry pan straight into the sugar mixture. Toss to coat, then remove onto a plate.
6. Repeat with remaining bread cubes.
7. Serve immediately, with maple syrup for dipping.
(Recipe: recipetineats.com, Modifications, us!)